Throughout the year, the Board members and staff participate in a number of events across the state which allow consumers and contractors to learn more about the Board's activities and discuss matters of interest.
These events include:
- 'home shows' which are open to the general public
- 'trade shows' which are open to contractors in the construction industry
- 'Meet the Board' receptions which are open to both members of the public and contractors
All events are informal and casual, and are designed to encourage:
- access to Board members and staff members
- education regarding consumer awareness
- education regarding licensing requirements
- current industry trends and issues of concern
- open communication between all parties attending
In addition, Board representatives also attend and/or speak at many smaller functions, including the following:
- plumbing and mechanical inspector association conferences, seminars and workshops
- fire marshal association conferences and seminars
- local, regional and statewide contractor association conferences, seminars and workshops
- local community and homeowner association meetings
Below is a listing of events scheduled for 2016.
Home shows and trade conferences typically have an admission fee. Meet the Board events are free of charge and include light refreshments.
& Garden Show
& Garden Show
|March 24-26||Southern Ideal Home Show||Greensboro Coliseum Complex||
Southern Ideal Home Show
||Charlotte Convention Center||Charlotte, NC|
|October 11-13||21st Century Building Expo||North Carolina State Fairgrounds||Raleigh,